Friday, February 14, 2014

Love 4 JLK

Hello everyone, and Happy Valentines day! 
Today we'll be taking a bit of a different turn here on my blog for Valentines day. I've been following THIS blog for a while and every post has broken my heart. This beautiful little girl, JLK, was diagnosed back in October of 2013 with DIPG. The blog has been written by JLK's mother and chronicles her heartbreak through this difficult time in both her and her families lives. I encourage you to send your love and prayers to the family of JLK, as she has just gained her angel wings as of 2/12/14.
"The Glitter Squad", as the followers of JLK's story are called, inspired me to get my glitter loving butt into gear and DO something in honor of JLK and all of the other children who suffer such awful things.
Since it's Valentine's Day, I thought I'd start by sharing the love in a different way..

This is Love 4 JLK :



I made this glittery goody which features gold and pink holo hexes, holo "fairy dust" and silver glitter. 
This nail polish is available HERE . 
The best part about it? ALL PROCEEDS WILL GO TO A GOOD CAUSE! 50% will go to the Family of JLK, and you can find her donation website HERE. And 50% will go to St. Jude Children's Hospital, website found HERE.
The only thing that will not go to charity will, of course, be the shipping costs.

The nail polish is available in a Full Size for $7.00 and Mini Size for $3.50
This is a special nail polish that will be available for 1 month, starting today, 2/14/14 to 3/14/14.
All money earned from the sales of these nail polishes will go to the JLK donation site and St.Jude's website. 
Thank you so much for reading and if you don't wish to buy a polish, at least keep the family of JLK in your thoughts and prayers!






2 comments:

  1. May she rest in peace. Your wonderful to create a polish dedicated to her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Her story definitely touched me and this is the only thing I can think to do to help her family and help all the other families out there going through same and similar experiences. Childhood cancer/tumors are a living hell! I'm just happy to raise awareness!

    ReplyDelete