Monday, May 20, 2013

Julep - Abbie

Hello all!
I was totally going to do nail art for today but for all the work I had to do to apply Julep - Abbie, I just had to do a swatch review!


My dog, (yes I meant to type Dog! Believe in the power of Dog and all shall be forgiven!) do these look thick don't they? That's because I was dumb and believed I would achieve full opacity without using a white base. This was 4 coats! And look at the bottle! I used this polish once before on one nail (my ducky nail from my animal nails last week) and now look at it! It's almost half gone!


I swear my my nails did not look this thick after I did my acrylics!


I have some nail art planned for this, I wouldn't want to waste all of that polish and not make something pretty out of it!

So word from the wise! DO NOT use Abbie alone! Use white as your base coat and then use Abbie, trust me it will save you another manicures worth of  polish!

Happy Monday! And remember, this Wednesday will see a lack of nail art because the giveaway is will be set to go!

Love from Leesha's Lacquer


2 comments:

  1. Sucks to see that it was so sheer and needed 4 coats to make it opague and it looks thick on the nails too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It makes my nails look like big fake acrylics, not that they're not already fake and acrylic! But I always try to make them look as natural as possible and this ones killing my natural vibe!

      Delete